Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 18: gay marriage.

Day 18: What are your views on gay marriage?


(disclaimer: This is only MY opinion and an explaination of WHY I believe what I believe.)



My opinion has three parts:

A. I believe homosexuality is wrong.

I base my views on life from the Bible, and it seems to be pretty clear to me that this isn't a 'gray' area.

here's why:


Old Testament 
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" 
Lev. 20:13


New Testament:
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." 
Romans 1:27


"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 
1 Cor. 6:9-10

This is why in my opinion the Bible is clear about how God feels about homosexuality.  




B. I am not THE judge.


...GOD IS.



I hate it when people (especially Christians) show hate to gay people.

EXCUSE ME, BUT IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO PUNISH THEM!!!


We are supposed to show Love, even to those in sin. 



"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."
1 John 4:7-8



God is the only perfect one, WE HAVE ALL SINNED.




Romans 3:23 says "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"



So, NO POINTING FINGERS! ...Your hands are not clean!



There. The end. I'm not at all for it but I will not hate or judge you because of it because all in all I couldn't bear you to judge me for every one of my sins either. 


Now the hard part:
 C. My thoughts on Gay Marriage. 


I think that homosexuality is a sin. We've already covered that, it's something that I feel strongly about. I don't in any way support gay marriage, I don't encourage gay marriage BUT (yes there is unfortunately a but) as a citizen of the United States we set up our country to run in a way that would be governed by the people, promoting general "freedoms". I firmly believe that it is a CHOICE to act upon sin. I sin regardless of how much I hate to admit it: I CHOOSE to sin. WE ALL DO! I have chosen to lie before, I have chosen to cheat before, etc. DESPITE my sincerest efforts I STILL FALL SHORT. WE ALL DO! BUT God knows that. He knows how incredibly hard it is NOT to fall short. That's why He sent His Mighty, Powerful, and Perfect Son to save me (and you). 
With that being said, as an American I think we can't say we stand for all those "freedoms" without giving other people to right to choose for themselves. I was given the right to CHOOSE my religion, my beliefs, etc. So I feel like others should be allowed to CHOOSE which sins they partake in. We can't outlaw one sin and say the Bible supports it, if we don't outlaw the rest. Lying, Drinking, etc. Granted you will never find me voting to legalize gay marriage because of how I feel but I think that if enough people CHOOSE to then we can't judge them for that. This is why for me the gay marriage issue is a "gray area". As a Christian, I firmly believe one thing but as an American I think it's hypocritical to tell some people it's wrong to express themselves in that way. 

2 comments: