Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 2: My Peeps.

Day 2: Something you love about yourself.

This one was Easy Cheesy Lemon Squeezy. My favorite thing about myself is that I'm friendly! I have sooooo many friends. I love to meet new people and build strong friendships that will last. Sometimes it overwhelms me the amount of people I care about and who care about me. I am truly truly blessed in that way.

But for the sake of keeping this post manageable I'm only gonna talk about my bestest friends... 
You see, I have eight best friends! Aren't I a lucky girl? 
These are the people I talk to every single day, all day. (in no particular order)

Kristi:
Kristi, Kristi, Kristi. There is just too much to say about Kristi for this blog. I could go on for days. I met Kristi in the fifth grade and she's been one of my closest friends since. She has seen me at my worst and my best and has been there through it all: whether it was orange streaky spray tans, getting lost at the fair, buying lottery tickets, roadkilling and so much more. Kristi is in many ways my rock. She always knows just what to say to give me the boost I need. 
 Kristi got married last year and moved to Kansas with her solider, but that didn't mess up a thing. THANK GOD for SKYPE and Facebook. Kristi is back now while her husband is overseas. (Thank you to Silas and all the other men and women who put their lives on the line everyday to fight for us here at home. You truly are special people that we often take for granted.) I'm looking forward to all the future 'adventures'/memories Kristi and I will make. 
friends forever. pinky promise. 
  

Emily:
Emily is my HOT and DANGEROUS friend. This girl is crazy, in a good way though. I have known Emily since kindergarten. You see, I always liked Emily but well I throughout Elementary and Jr. High we weren't really bffs. Frankly, she just thought I was annoying. But in high school, we became much closer. We began getting close through Beta club and basketball. RKG was formed one night towards the end of senior year and since then Emily and I have been extremely close. 
I would say that we have had sleepovers at least once a week since graduation, even though we're in our twenties now it doesn't matter: you're never too old for a good girls night right? In the last year, we've both gone through a lot of things that tested our friendship, but you know what we've only gotten closer because of it. I'm so blessed to have such a great friend.

I met Hannah in Elementary school and well we had classes together all the way through high school but we weren't ever really close. We began to get close our senior year, but I think the night RKG was formed that was really only the start. After a year of RKG events and sleepovers, Hannah, Kristi, and I moved in together. 
That's when I learned the most about Hannah: she makes the best breakfast for dinner ever, she reads in the tub, she has every shade of pink nail polish ever made, she is an amazing advice giver, she is constantly drinking kool-aid, she eats more wings than any person I know (and she got me hooked), she loves to laugh, and she dances like Elaine from Seinfield. All in all you just gotta love her.


Christopher: 
Oh my Christopher. Our story starts at the Missouri Taekwondo Centers. We both met there as students. We both joined the Demonstration Team there and eventually became the captians. We really got close when the owners of the taekwondo school started their family and added a baby girl Cayley almost three years ago. Chris started working at the school to help them out, and I spend about everyday there in the summer and a couple times a week just stopping by to visit/workout. And we both tested last summer for our 3rd degree level 3 together. He made the best testing buddy ever. :) 

Chris and I have soooo many jokes, most of the time we end up just looking at each other and laughing because we already know what the other person is going to say. Chris and I have spent more time sitting and watching Glee/Karate Kid, eating at Hong Kong Inn or driving around playing our favorite car game and just hanging out than I can even begin to count. I can tell Chris anything and I often do. I know I can text him at anytime of the day or night and he'll answer. We talk about anything and everything. For that I can never thank him enough, after all I do talk a lot, it takes a special person to handle that and he does very well. 


Jelani: 
There isn't a single bad thing anyone can say about Jelani. She is the one of those one in a million types of people. I am sooo blessed that God allowed Jelani to be in my life. We ended up being roommates my first year at MSU because we were both the new freshmen throwers. We both love food, have brothers named AJ, love track and field, can't do anything half heartedly, own red cars, and have ohh a plethora of other things in common. 
My favorite thing about her is that without even trying Jelani pushes and encourages me to be better. I like to think that Jelani is in many ways like a better black version of me, and I mean that in the bestest way possible. :)  I know Jelani and I are going to be life long friends: the type that my kids will call Auntie and our children will love playing together and causing all kinds of trouble.  


Dee:
Dee is my ride or die chick. I first met Dee, my first week at MSU. She was an upperclassmen on the track team, a fellow thrower. She's from the Bahamas and came here for school. Dee is certainly one of a kind. I know every time I'm with this girl it's gonna end up being something fun and crazy. 
I don't even know where to start, having for the love of Ray J parties, driving around with the sunroof open, hitting up McDs, or just chilling Dee and I have made sooo many memories in the three short years I've known her. She just graduated last month and has moved back to the Bahamas, but thanks to FACEBOOK and SKYPE (heaven sent I swear) We are still able to talk almost every day. :) Annnnd in July/August I'm planning a trip down to the islands to see her. I can't wait to see her in her element (the snow look isn't a good look for Dee, although it's hilarious for everyone else to see) 


Kindra: 
Oh Kindra. Where do I begin? We first met online actually, MSU website page designed to meet new freshmen like you. We started talking because both of our high school mascots were the Pirates. We quickly learned that we would actually be living on the same floor in the dorms and be teammates on the track team. That made Kindra my first friend at MSU. :) 
She ended up living next door.  We spent many nights just driving around, hanging out, and having fun. I swear Kindra is one of the funniest people I know. She once after a LONG night during Finals week spent a solid hour convincing me that if my family gave her just one cow she would be able to sell it for 1000's of dollars and take it to it's new home in the back of a Escalade. Kindra now lives in Chicago with her baby boy Elijah so I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but she knows I've always got her back. :) 



Jenny: 
I don't remember the exact time I met Jenny for the first time.  I know we were younger and playing softball on separate teams. Then again through high school. She played catcher for Pleasant Hope (our friendly rivals) while I played first basemen for Ash Grove. We also both played on the basketball and track teams, but softball was always our main sport of competition. Even before we were close, I could tell that Jenny was a great person, you could tell by the way she played the game. I can't describe it there was just something different about her. 
We really became close when we ended up making it onto the same summer ball team: Eclipse. We started the first ever Ride Em Rough crew and that's when our adventures really began. From Martha Massacres, to A Future in Construction, Single Ladies Dancing, and Nunchuka twirling, Flamingo Fiestas, and A trip back to the 80's. Jenny and I have been 'Ridin Em Rough' ever since. Jenny is a great motivator and I'm lucky to consider her such a close friend. 

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo sweet!! :) I love it!! And I love yoouuu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks. I have been waiting and waiting for someone to comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it tooo :) you are the bestest <3

    ReplyDelete