Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 4: Forgive and move on.

Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for. 


I'm going to change this up a little bit. Instead of something you have to forgive someone for I'm going to make it something you've forgiven something for. I have really only been deeply hurt by someone twice in my life: once by a friend, once by a family member. But I can honestly say that I have forgiven both of them for how they hurt me. 


Family member: I will never understand how you could've been so hateful, abusive, rude, and spiteful. But seeing you and the direction you've life has headed in the last two years, just goes to show that you had it coming. I wouldn't wish that pain and illness on anyone though. In fact, I feel very sorry for the way your life turned out. I wish you would've changed before you got sick. We would've been a lot closer if you would've. But you and I have talked and you know I forgive you and love you, despite it all. I'm just sorry we don't have a good relationship because of your decisions in the past...and now it's too late. 


Friend: You messed up...BIG. We never spoke again and when I see you I do walk the other way. I forgave you a long time ago, I understand people make mistakes, and I'm not one to hold a grudge. But with that being said, I won't put myself back in that position again. It can't ever be the same between us... and that's just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment